There is always something negative and positive you can to both organic and chemical fertilizers. Of course, both of them are able to provide nutrients that your plants and trees need to keep them healthy aside from the sunlight and water. And it is very important that you provide them enough nutrients to make them strong against pollution, diseases, and pest infestations. The Oakville tree service can provide you exactly what you need to keep your garden to its best state of you think you are too busy to do the maintenance yourself.
Organic Fertilizer: Pros and Cons
You are probably wondering what really is the difference between chemical and organic fertilizer, aside from the fact the former is made from synthetic material and the latter can be made from manure and other food waste. In this article, we will give you a comprehensive distinction between chemical and organic fertilizer by giving you complete details about organic fertilizer.
What is Organic Fertilizer?
The term organic basically means that the product is minimally processed and that the nutrients are naturally produced by the environment unlike the synthetic ones in which nutrients are extracted and processed with multiple stages. However, it is important to take note that organic foods and fertilizers mean different things. Organic fertilizer is not as organic as the food that is labeled as organic.
Organic fertilizer us typically made from animal or plant waste, or it can also be in a form of powdered minerals. This can include compost, manure, or cottonseed meal. These organic materials are often labeled as soil conditioners and not fertilizer s their properties and nutrient ratios are difficult to guarantee. Some agricultural farms can also produce their own organic fertilizer which composes of animal waste that has been dried and composted.
Because organic materials are now in demand, more ad more companies are specializing to produce organic materials for the soil and plants.
Benefits of Organic fertilizers:
- Over time, they make the plants and trees stronger without causing negative effects
- They are slow-releasing fertilizer,so there is no way that you will over-fertilize your plants.
- They are biodegradable, sustainable, renewable, and environmentally friendly.
- There is a little chance of chemical buildup that can be harmful to your plants and trees.
Disadvantages of organic fertilizer:
- Organic fertilizer is seasonal. This means that they need to reply to certain weather before they get to achieve the best results. This is because, in order to break down and release the nutrients, microorganisms are needed. the problem is these microorganisms in the soil need moisture as well as warmth to do this.
- This is slow to provide nutrients. Unlike the fertilizers that are made of chemicals, results are not contained and observed for a few days. You need to be patient and wait for several days to notice the results.
When it comes to the nutrient ratio of the organic fertilizer, it is difficult to identify them as not all organic matters do have the same properties and nutrients. Also, some products have higher nutrients compare to others.
It is important to take note that is is better to call and hire a professional tree care service before deciding what to choose because they know what is the best solution to your problem.